Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Covering the charts information first, you can see that the Theron is delivered in black, but they don't mention the soft feel of the rubberized coating to the top and sides. The Avago ADNS9500 laser sensor is what will track your movements with a DPI range from 100 to 5600 DPI. This eight button solutions is classified as an RTS mouse, but there is no reason it cannot play any other type of game as well. Inside next to the laser chip, there is also 128kb of onboard memory to store the settings of five profiles and up to 40 Macros. Controlling the talk between the PC and the mouse is done with the use of a Sonin 8-bit USB 2.0 micro controller. The Theron also comes with five places on the mouse that are LED backlit and you have the option to set one of seven preset colors. The last couple of things to cover are the five 4.5 gram weights that you can use to perfect the feel for your needs, and the mouse is at the end of a 1.8 meter braided cable with a gold plated USB 2.0 connection on the opposite end.
Stuff not covered in the chart is things like the PTFE feet used to allow the Theron to glide effortlessly, even with the maximum weighting applied. Also under the mouse is where you will find both the profile and polling rate buttons to be able to adjust those between games or rounds if needed. In the eight-button layout there is a pair of them controlling the on-the-fly DPI and the side of the mouse shows which of the four settings you are currently using with the use of two LEDs. I almost forgot one of the more important things. The switches on the Theron are varied. The right and left click buttons use Omron switches as we expect in our mice these days, but for the less used buttons on the mouse you are given Zhij switches.
The Theron has been on the market for a bit of time now and as such is widely available. As I searched around l easily located over 50 locations currently stocking the Theron with about a twenty dollar spread between the cheapest and most expensive. The first place on the list I recognize, or I have personally done business with is Mwave with a $64.49 pricing with shipping included. If you want to shop Newegg your total will be much closer to $74 and we haven't even looked at the Ladon mouse mat. While this product is much less available in the States, I was able to located one at Directron with a $24.99 price tag.
All things considered, for the Theron and Ladon if bought together is going to set you back around $90. That being said, I have had mice that cost that much without the gaming surface included. So far this seems like a lot of mouse and gaming surface for the investment, but we are about to take it even further, and with much more detail as I look at then deliver my opinion on if the Theron and Ladon are just for SC II, or if in fact this mouse is made for the "every-man".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Tt eSPORTS Theron RTS Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook