Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Covering the charts information first, you can see that the Theron is delivered in black, but they don't mention the soft feel of the rubberized coating to the top and sides. The Avago ADNS9500 laser sensor is what will track your movements with a DPI range from 100 to 5600 DPI. This eight button solutions is classified as an RTS mouse, but there is no reason it cannot play any other type of game as well. Inside next to the laser chip, there is also 128kb of onboard memory to store the settings of five profiles and up to 40 Macros. Controlling the talk between the PC and the mouse is done with the use of a Sonin 8-bit USB 2.0 micro controller. The Theron also comes with five places on the mouse that are LED backlit and you have the option to set one of seven preset colors. The last couple of things to cover are the five 4.5 gram weights that you can use to perfect the feel for your needs, and the mouse is at the end of a 1.8 meter braided cable with a gold plated USB 2.0 connection on the opposite end.
Stuff not covered in the chart is things like the PTFE feet used to allow the Theron to glide effortlessly, even with the maximum weighting applied. Also under the mouse is where you will find both the profile and polling rate buttons to be able to adjust those between games or rounds if needed. In the eight-button layout there is a pair of them controlling the on-the-fly DPI and the side of the mouse shows which of the four settings you are currently using with the use of two LEDs. I almost forgot one of the more important things. The switches on the Theron are varied. The right and left click buttons use Omron switches as we expect in our mice these days, but for the less used buttons on the mouse you are given Zhij switches.
The Theron has been on the market for a bit of time now and as such is widely available. As I searched around l easily located over 50 locations currently stocking the Theron with about a twenty dollar spread between the cheapest and most expensive. The first place on the list I recognize, or I have personally done business with is Mwave with a $64.49 pricing with shipping included. If you want to shop Newegg your total will be much closer to $74 and we haven't even looked at the Ladon mouse mat. While this product is much less available in the States, I was able to located one at Directron with a $24.99 price tag.
All things considered, for the Theron and Ladon if bought together is going to set you back around $90. That being said, I have had mice that cost that much without the gaming surface included. So far this seems like a lot of mouse and gaming surface for the investment, but we are about to take it even further, and with much more detail as I look at then deliver my opinion on if the Theron and Ladon are just for SC II, or if in fact this mouse is made for the "every-man".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Tt eSPORTS Theron RTS Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity