Installation and Finished Product
Sliding the long threaded bolts through the back plate and setting it against the motherboard allows you to set on the plastic spacers on the other side to help hold these bolts into place while finishing up the rest of the hardware mounting.
With the black plastic spacers gripping the bolts, you just set on the appropriate top rails and use the nuts to secure the top plates to the back plate making the hardware locked in place so that the cooler is ready to mount.
With the cooler now mounted to the motherboard you realize two things. First you realize how big this HE02 is, and secondly, you can now understand why the sides are notched allowing you access to the cross-bar screws.
Looking at the HE02 from the left shows that it doesn't quite extend over the VRM heat sinks on the motherboard, nor does it block access to the 8-pin EPS connector. It also doesn't drop down and encroach on my video card slot either.
When you view the HE02 from the top the brushed finish of the fins shows through along with the SilverStone name at the top. You can also tell much better now how those wire fan clips will work when adding your own fans.
Without any fans, the HE02 is well out of the way, and even has room for a couple extra fins down here in my opinion.
Even without a fan on the cooler it does end up blocking off the use of the fourth RAM slot only if I had taller heat spreaders. With the naked sticks I use, I could get the stick in and out with little issue.
Just because I am going to be testing like this anyways, I figured I would also show you what the HE02 looks like with a pair of fans installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- XCOM 2 no longer PC exclusive, out on Xbox One and PS4
- The Walking Dead co-creator suing AMC for $280 million
- Samsung talks about building a 10K mobile display for VR
- Gears of War 4 requires a huge 80GB HDD space on the PC
- Battlefield 1 single player trailer teases Frostbite
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now