Installation and Finished Product
Sliding the long threaded bolts through the back plate and setting it against the motherboard allows you to set on the plastic spacers on the other side to help hold these bolts into place while finishing up the rest of the hardware mounting.
With the black plastic spacers gripping the bolts, you just set on the appropriate top rails and use the nuts to secure the top plates to the back plate making the hardware locked in place so that the cooler is ready to mount.
With the cooler now mounted to the motherboard you realize two things. First you realize how big this HE02 is, and secondly, you can now understand why the sides are notched allowing you access to the cross-bar screws.
Looking at the HE02 from the left shows that it doesn't quite extend over the VRM heat sinks on the motherboard, nor does it block access to the 8-pin EPS connector. It also doesn't drop down and encroach on my video card slot either.
When you view the HE02 from the top the brushed finish of the fins shows through along with the SilverStone name at the top. You can also tell much better now how those wire fan clips will work when adding your own fans.
Without any fans, the HE02 is well out of the way, and even has room for a couple extra fins down here in my opinion.
Even without a fan on the cooler it does end up blocking off the use of the fourth RAM slot only if I had taller heat spreaders. With the naked sticks I use, I could get the stick in and out with little issue.
Just because I am going to be testing like this anyways, I figured I would also show you what the HE02 looks like with a pair of fans installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017