The Build and Finished Product
Since the bezel was removed for me, I just set it to the left to show that all of the wiring is attached, and this has to be off to get to the bay covers. You can also see the front intake fan and the removable dust filter in front of it.
Just by removing the door, squeezing the hinge clips, and inserting them on the other side you can easily reverse the door swing as I did for this image and the rest of the build. Since the DVD drive is hidden by the door, it really doesn't matter, but it lines up perfectly and the clips hold it really securely.
I had no issues with the build of fitment of any of the components. The motherboard went in easy, all of the wiring makes it to its destination, and there is plenty of room for tons of gear in here.
Around back the rear I/O shield snapped right in, the thumbscrews for the HIS Radeon HD 7950 went in easily, and while a bit tight getting it in there, the PSU screws line right up as well.
In the back I was able to run everything I wanted to behind the tray. Even with the thicker group of wiring off to the left all bundled up I had no issues placing the panel over this.
Then I went ahead and closed up to make sure everything lines up and that my ghetto modding is still holding tight in the front. I am pleased to say that the Ghost does look nice sitting here, even if subdued a little bit.
Same for the other side of the Ghost. As you can see the panel isn't bowing and all of the body lines are square with each other.
When you fire up the Ghost for the first time, looking back at the I/O panel, you have a solid white LED on the left indicating system power. Just to the right there is the flicker of another white LED as the SSD is being used during the boot process.
This is why the last image had a blue cast to it. With the chassis running, you can't really hear much, but with the Alchemy kits installed under it, you can definitely see it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BitFenix Ghost Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Ghost]
- Page 6 [Inside the Ghost Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- It's a shame that our Ghost sample arrived in such poor condition for the review. We want to make sure our fans are thrilled with their BitFenix purchase, so if anyone out there experiences something similar, please do not hesitate to write to our support department at support [at] bitfenix [dot] com, and we will make it right. A big shout out to the folks at TweakTown for taking the time to check out our latest creation!
The BitFenix Crew
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card