BitFenix Ghost Chassis
On the front, there are only two lines to follow. These would be the one at the top and the one near the bottom that separates the bezel from the door that will swing open in the middle. Just so you know who made the chassis at a glance, the aluminium BitFenix logo is displayed at the bottom.
From the factory the hinges are on the left and it allows the door to open as you see it here. On the back of the door there is the rubberized material that BitFenix are calling Serenitek, and is there to absorb noises and vibrations. On the bezel you have three removable 5.25" bay covers, a 3.5" bay cover, and the mesh at the bottom is removable to gain access to the fans.
The front I/O is the first thing you run into at the top of the Ghost. It houses the activity LEDs, audio jacks, USB 2.0 ports, USB 3.0 ports, and the large power button and tiny reset button.
Just behind that is a panel that you can push on so that the latches release that allows you to open the compartment to expose the S4 Hot Swap bay that is SATA III.
Then just behind the S4 is a large mesh covered area. The section also is latch released and allows you plenty of room to mount cooling options.
You can fit a dual 120mm radiator, even with it facing down in this hole, or you can mount the fans here and the radiator inside the case. Either way there is lots of room for them.
Since windows allow sound to travel out, the Ghost comes flat and plain on the sides. There are a couple of body lines at the top, running down the front and the arch at the bottom to help add a bit of styling.
In the back there is the tall top plastic before you run into the I/O and exhaust fan. Below that is a bit of ventilation to the right of the seven expansion slots, and above the PSU mounting at the bottom.
The right side of the chassis is basically a mirror image of the left side. This also means since the front door swing is reversible, the Ghost will look exactly the same if it sits to your right or your left side.
Under the chassis the feet are attached to a much larger support rail that runs around the bottom of the chassis and gives it the arch on the sides. In the center is a very large dust filter for easy cleaning and dust free innards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BitFenix Ghost Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Ghost]
- Page 6 [Inside the Ghost Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- It's a shame that our Ghost sample arrived in such poor condition for the review. We want to make sure our fans are thrilled with their BitFenix purchase, so if anyone out there experiences something similar, please do not hesitate to write to our support department at support [at] bitfenix [dot] com, and we will make it right. A big shout out to the folks at TweakTown for taking the time to check out our latest creation!
The BitFenix Crew
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.0 breaks the game, fixes little
- Bethesda forced someone to destroy vinyl records to get their refund
- Explore ancient virus' with the Internet Archives malware museum
- SEGA is listening to the Dreamcast 2 pitch, seems receptive
- Assassin's Creed Identity is a bite sized parkour playland
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform