General Data Transfer Benchmarks
We ran a handful of performance benchmarks on the ioSafe Solo G3. Clearly the Solo G3 is so much more than a general storage device and performance benchmarks are the last reason to purchase this product. We still like benchmarks plus the G3 performs pretty well.
Our sample unit shipped with a Western Digital 1TB HDD. The drive over the USB 3.0 interface delivered an average sequential read speed of 95.2MB/s.
When writing data we achieved an average speed of 89.9MB/s.
The read latency measured 13.69ms on average. This what we'd expect from a WD WD10EARX (Caviar Green with IntelliPower).
The Caviar Green uses several power savings features, produces little noise and even less heat. It is a very good choice for the Solo G3. We achieved decent data transfers over USB 3.0. If you require ultra fast data travel, ioSafe also manufacturers products with solid state drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience