General Data Transfer Benchmarks
We ran a handful of performance benchmarks on the ioSafe Solo G3. Clearly the Solo G3 is so much more than a general storage device and performance benchmarks are the last reason to purchase this product. We still like benchmarks plus the G3 performs pretty well.
Our sample unit shipped with a Western Digital 1TB HDD. The drive over the USB 3.0 interface delivered an average sequential read speed of 95.2MB/s.
When writing data we achieved an average speed of 89.9MB/s.
The read latency measured 13.69ms on average. This what we'd expect from a WD WD10EARX (Caviar Green with IntelliPower).
The Caviar Green uses several power savings features, produces little noise and even less heat. It is a very good choice for the Solo G3. We achieved decent data transfers over USB 3.0. If you require ultra fast data travel, ioSafe also manufacturers products with solid state drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology