General Data Transfer Benchmarks
We ran a handful of performance benchmarks on the ioSafe Solo G3. Clearly the Solo G3 is so much more than a general storage device and performance benchmarks are the last reason to purchase this product. We still like benchmarks plus the G3 performs pretty well.
Our sample unit shipped with a Western Digital 1TB HDD. The drive over the USB 3.0 interface delivered an average sequential read speed of 95.2MB/s.
When writing data we achieved an average speed of 89.9MB/s.
The read latency measured 13.69ms on average. This what we'd expect from a WD WD10EARX (Caviar Green with IntelliPower).
The Caviar Green uses several power savings features, produces little noise and even less heat. It is a very good choice for the Solo G3. We achieved decent data transfers over USB 3.0. If you require ultra fast data travel, ioSafe also manufacturers products with solid state drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon GO's new update has some huge fixes and improvements
- DriveClub VR is reportedly launching alongside PlayStation VR headset
- Samsung Gear VR is used by over 1 million users per month
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Boot from PCIe SSD GA-X58A-UD3R?
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio