At $129.99 the GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4 is an aggressively priced motherboard. What we really like about the board is the look of it at this price point. When you're talking low $100 based motherboards, you expect them to look pretty ordinary. The matte black setup that GIGABYTE has going on with the F2A85X-UP4 looks fantastic and makes for a board that looks more expensive than it is.
Combined with the $129.99 A10-5800K and a decent priced 16GB RAM kit you can have yourself a really nice little system here that manages to hit at a really strong price point. The big problem is going to be marketing behind the platform. While GIGABYTE is more than capable of drawing attention to the FM2 based motherboards, without the proper support from AMD, the FM2 based processors are going to continue to struggle getting attention like the original FM1 based APUs did last year.
Overall GIGABYTE has put together a really nice motherboard and while the package is a little on the slim side, the nature of where the motherboard sits in the market and the aggressive price point means that it comes with the exact kind of bundle we'd expect.
If you're going to jump on a Trinity based FM2 APU then this is a really nice motherboard. Overclocking wasn't amazing, but like we mentioned earlier, the 4.5GHz clock we managed today seems to be in line with what the A10-5800K is capable of doing with regular cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni