Specifications, Pricing and Availability
At the time of writing OCZ didn't have its product page up so we're using the specs presented to media in the reviewers guide. So far OCZ has released details on three capacity sizes. Vector is the new flagship in the OCZ SSD product family so we don't expect to see a 64GB model. We don't expect to see anything larger than 512GB either until a move to 20nm flash occurs.
Looking at just the Vector on the provided chart, we see the 128GB is down in performance slightly to the two larger capacity size models. The 256GB and the 512GB share the exact same specs so there isn't a large capacity performance penalty like previous generation products (SandForce, Crucial m4, etc.)
Barefoot 3 is an 8-channel design with an ARM Cortex processor packaged with an OCZ Argon co-processor. Page mapping resides in DDR3, 512MB in the 128GB and 256GB capacity sizes with a large 1GB buffer in the 512GB model. OCZ designed the Vector for sustained performance, the same thing we've preached for over a year here at TweakTown where the performance stays high even after intense use or with significant data on the flash.
Vector is a 7mm drive, OCZ's first flagship to appear in this form factor (although you can purchase a special Vertex 3 in 7mm Z-height at Newegg). Vector ships with a five year warranty and comes with Acronis True Image disk cloning software, another first for OCZ and a very nice feature to include. All of the standard OCZ add-in package goodies are also included, a desktop adapter bracket, screws, paper manual and a new sticker replacing my SSD is better than your HDD sticker.
Expect availability within 48 hours after the reviews go live. The 128GB Vector has an MSRP of $149.99, 256GB for $269.99 and the large 512GB for $559.99. These prices are above the magic $1 per GB, but they are also new and per the spec list the OCZ Vector is the highest performing consumer SSD on the market today. We'll put that claim to test very soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vector 256GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- Samsung's new 3440x1440 display has FreeSync and 100Hz
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller