8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not often tested in consumer reviews, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The 8K random write results are very consistent, averaging around 140,000 IOPS for both 80% and 100% compressible data at QD 256. For incompressible data the 4K write averages 17,730 IOPS at QD 256.
The 8K random read speed is an average of 139,767 IOPS at QD256.
There was a wide range of write access latency during the QD 256 test for incompressible data, but 33% (3,654,428 I/Os) fell into the 10-20ms range.
For 80% compressible data 62% (6,266,218 I/Os) fell into the .02-.04ms range.
For 100% compressible data 86% of requests (74,055,424) fell into the 1-2ms range.
The latency for the 8K write performance is very consistent, providing a good level of performance for many of the server workloads, which are heavily reliant on 8K access.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent