LSI Nytro WarpDrive Internals
Pulling the WarpDrive apart, we can observe that each large metal heatsink holds two SSD modules. This design focuses on providing efficient thermal dissipation in high-heat server environments. With the temperature thresholds rising in many datacenters to ease power consumption for cooling, heat mitigation is important to extend the longevity of the NAND and controllers.
Each module connects to the device via ports connected to the PCB with a ribbon cable.
Upon closer inspection, we note that each metal plate has large pink thermal pads that sandwich each SSD module on both sides. This furthers the efficient heat transfer from the components to the heatsink.
Both sides of each PCB are in view in this picture. The SandForce SF-2582 FSP (Flash Storage Processor) is located at the bottom of the PCB on the right. The obscured markings are due to the oily residue from the thermal pads.
The Toshiba Toggle NAND packages of eMLC are each 32GB in capacity, totaling 256GB of raw flash per SSD. After RAISE and the standard overprovisioning there is 200GB of user addressable NAND per SSD, for an aggregate of 800GB for the entire WarpDrive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20