LSI Nytro WarpDrive Internals
Pulling the WarpDrive apart, we can observe that each large metal heatsink holds two SSD modules. This design focuses on providing efficient thermal dissipation in high-heat server environments. With the temperature thresholds rising in many datacenters to ease power consumption for cooling, heat mitigation is important to extend the longevity of the NAND and controllers.
Each module connects to the device via ports connected to the PCB with a ribbon cable.
Upon closer inspection, we note that each metal plate has large pink thermal pads that sandwich each SSD module on both sides. This furthers the efficient heat transfer from the components to the heatsink.
Both sides of each PCB are in view in this picture. The SandForce SF-2582 FSP (Flash Storage Processor) is located at the bottom of the PCB on the right. The obscured markings are due to the oily residue from the thermal pads.
The Toshiba Toggle NAND packages of eMLC are each 32GB in capacity, totaling 256GB of raw flash per SSD. After RAISE and the standard overprovisioning there is 200GB of user addressable NAND per SSD, for an aggregate of 800GB for the entire WarpDrive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS