The LSI Nytro WarpDrive BLP4-800 is one member of the LSI Nytro Application Acceleration Products family. The LSI Nytro family of enterprise storage products leverages PCIe application accelerators to provide customers with a greater range of options to address performance challenges. The BLP4-800 directly accelerates the users' primary storage, while the other Nytro products present different options.
The Nytro XD solution provides caching software that allows LSI Nytro WarpDrive products to intelligently cache and accelerate traditional HDD SAN and DAS storage environments. The final piece of the three-tiered approach is the LSI Nytro MegaRAID Application Acceleration Card, which provides on-board NAND flash to accelerate HDD-based DAS environments.
LSI supplies the Nytro Predictor Software Tool for customers that need help in deciding which product would work best for their workload and environment. This software collects and analyses traces of the workload and identifies potential bottlenecks. This allows the software to predict which product would best accelerate the workload.
LSI initially embarked on the road to providing application acceleration products with the first generation LSI WarpDrive SLP-300. This initial effort teamed LSI with SandForce to develop a 300GB SLC product powered by six SF-1500 processors. Through this collaborative effort with SandForce a good working relationship was forged between the two companies, culminating with LSI purchasing SandForce in October of 2011 for $355 million.
The purchase of SandForce sends a clear message that LSI is serious about its entrance into the SSD market. The merging of the two companies is mutually beneficial, with the IP and new technologies offered by SandForce merging well with LSI's core competency of semiconductor and software development. Coupled with LSI's renowned validation and reputation for reliability, the two companies emerge as a serious contender in the SSD market.
The fusion of the two companies allows LSI to develop products with more of the components under its direct control. This streamlines R&D, integration of the two technologies, and customer support should any issues arise.
SSDs bring the promise of lower power, cooling, space, and management costs than HDD solutions can offer. Utilizing a PCIe SSDs is by far the simplest of upgrades, and keeping the data as close to the processor as possible results in excellent latency. Overall, the option to provide flash acceleration to the server is ripe with benefits, from reduced TCO to greater CPU utilization in existing infrastructure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Raspberry Pi Zero is a $5 programmable computer
- ASUS celebrates 20 years of making GPUs with GTX 980 Ti Golden Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- AMD rumored to launch its dual-GPU next month, the Radeon R9 Fury X2
- India's Cochin International airport runs 100% on solar power
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family