Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.pcmark.com/benchmarks/
PCMark 7 is a great utility for testing a PC's all-around capabilities. It tests all aspects of the computer, from graphics performance to hard disk performance and attempts to put a score on it, which is not an easy task.
The Maingear Vybe 15 has taken the lead as our best "all-around" system, posting a score of 4973, beating out the previous leader by 300 points. Both the GIGABYTE and the Maingear are benefited by a quad-core processor, coupled with a solid-state drive.
Mobile Mark 2012
Version and / or Patch Used: 126.96.36.199
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Product Homepage: http://bapco.com/products/mobilemark2012/
MobileMark 2012 is a premier benchmarking tool produced by BAPCo. It has several different scenarios built-in and allows you to choose which to run. It runs the test on battery life so that it produces both a score for the performance aspect and a run time for battery life.
For our testing, we chose the Office Productivity line of testing. The "Performance Qualification Rating" and battery life (in minutes) is reported below in the charts.
Again supporting the results that the Maingear Vybe 15 makes a great all-around system, it's MobileMark score is 199 versus the next highest at 171. MobileMark tests the system using Office and other productivity programs, best designed to show an all-around system.
That extra performance comes at a price, though. The Maingear's battery life is the worst we've seen by far. It manages to run for only 129 minutes before tiring out. This is only 2 hours and 9 minutes, compared to the over three hours provided by the GIGABYTE. This reduction in battery life can be chalked up to Maingear using a 49Wh battery, as opposed to the GIGABYTE's 61Wh.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://www.crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
The solid state drive used by the Vybe 15 provides good competition for the GIGABYTE P2542G and leads in the larger read tests. However, when the file size shrinks to 4k and the queue depth starts increasing, the GIGABYTE's solid state drive pulls out the win. For all intents and purposes, the two systems have very similar performing drives.
In write tests, the GIGABYTE pulls out the win in three of the five categories, with the Vybe winning the 4k write and 4k QD4 write tests by a small margin. Here we can see that the GIGABYTE solid state drive is a bit better than the mSATA used in the Vybe 15.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- Switch to get 'continuous stream' of third-party games
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives