Until I go pick up my new-to-me 42U rack I'm using one of my old studio racks for my setup. At some point I gave up on making my network cables equal length and started pulling them out of a storage tub. Like I said, cable management isn't really my thing.
Antec's Take-4 has been around for several years and there's a good reason for that. The case is made very well and as we proved can even fall down a flight of steps without injury. As far as 4U cases go, Antec has one of the best on the market and they are easy to find online. The dash of color on the front takes them out of the boring category and the internal components make this a premium offering in a class of products typically void of anything premium besides a strong structure. Even though we didn't use it for this build, the power supply cooling duct is a very nice feature and allows your PSU to breathe cool air.
In the enterprise world entire racks are purchased at a time and not individual components, but it's nice to know that a company with Antec's reputation still offers us small timers a quality option for rolling out our own servers. Over the years I've had fifteen to twenty rackmount cases and the Antec Take-4 is the only one I kept after we moved two years ago. I think the quality of the case speaks for itself and it's easy to see why I would keep this one for future use. The future finally caught up to me and it was time to put this case back into production. Keep in mind my original Take-4 is at least seven years old and it looks identical to the new one, another testament to how well the Take-4 was built.
If you're ready to go down the path of ultimate enthusiast, you can't go wrong with the Antec Take-4. The case is built to last and can hold a lot of hardware. The drive sleds make building a high volume storage server easy and the other expansion options give you a high degree of flexibility. It would be nice to see a USB 3.0 version released, but we are talking about an old design that has stood the test of time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Antec Take-4 Rackmount Case]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- Jump into programming with 4 top Java courses
- Apple delays AirPods, says they 'aren't ready'
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software