The particular model we are looking at today is the DVI version which helps bring better image quality to the screen as it is a pure digital signal. While the difference won't be noticeable to some people, others are going to find the picture better. Also included in the package is a DVI to VGA adapter. As we stated earlier, if you aren't fortunate enough to own a video card with DVI, you can still make use of the monitor using the normal VGA port.
One interesting feature that we picked up when setting up the monitor was the inclusion of an RCA port. This is very handy as you can use the monitor also as a TV with the right device which we will look more into later on.
An ideal setup to make use of both connections would be to have the DVI cable plugged into the back of a video card so you can use it as a normal monitor, but then plug a pay TV box into the RCA port located on the back and you now have the ability to watch TV and use it as a normal computer monitor with a touch of a few buttons.
- Build Quality
The Prophetview 920 DVI would have to be one of the best looking LCD's on the market - if not the best. While some of the other LCD's on the market, like Samsung, have very small borders or can be folded right down, the look of the Hercules Prophetview 920 is amazing and unbeatable.
The buttons used on the Prophetview are colored titanium and gives off a very nice look. Hercules has chosen to go down a path of quality which helps when lifting the price up. Nothing about the monitor feels cheap, from the stand used to the buttons on the right hand side. People who want a monitor that not only looks great but is quite sturdy are going to love the Prophetview.
Looking at the stand you may be worried that it isn't enough to hold the monitor with out it tipping over as only a thin piece of metal holds it between the foot plate and the monitor. The stand actually works out very well and the monitor has absolutely no trouble when being tilted back and forth. Thanks to the boomerang design on the bottom of the stand its one of the best looking LCD's we have seen.
The overall quality of the unit is extremely high and this is going to appeal to a lot of people. Hercules also sells a blue model of the monitor which should be exactly the same except the color of the outside bezel. Little things have been done to improve the Prophetview 920 over its predecessor the Prophetview 720.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Prophetview 920 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 3 [Features]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 5 [Features Continued and Setup]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 6 [Testing]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform