On the testbed side of things you're not going to find anything new going on with the typical motherboard test line up present. Before we go into the overclocking side of things, though, we'll just quickly cover the other motherboards that will be seen in our graphs today.
Outside of the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 we've also got Z77 representation coming from the ASRock Z77 OC Formula and MSI Z77 MPOWER which are both the latest offerings from each company. Also included are the ASUS Maximus V GENE and the ASRock X79 Extreme4 to round things off.
Moving onto the overclocking side of things we headed into the BIOS and started to adjust the CPU multiplier after we increased voltages. The first thing we do is move the multiplier up to 47x as this tends to be a good starting point for us. We booted up into Windows no problem and started running MediaEspresso.
Unfortunately when we hit 21% of that test it froze up. So we headed back to the BIOS and adjusted the voltage a little bit with no more luck. We then moved down to a 46x multiplier where everything was running fine in Windows. With that working fine we headed back into the BIOS and adjusted the BCLK.
We ended up with a BCLK of 100.7 as you can see above and combined with the 46x multiplier we've got a clock speed of 4631MHz or 4.63GHz as illustrated in our graphs today. This is a good overclock for us as we see most of the time our i7 CPU sits only around the 4.6 - 4.7GHz mark.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99