On the testbed side of things you're not going to find anything new going on with the typical motherboard test line up present. Before we go into the overclocking side of things, though, we'll just quickly cover the other motherboards that will be seen in our graphs today.
Outside of the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 we've also got Z77 representation coming from the ASRock Z77 OC Formula and MSI Z77 MPOWER which are both the latest offerings from each company. Also included are the ASUS Maximus V GENE and the ASRock X79 Extreme4 to round things off.
Moving onto the overclocking side of things we headed into the BIOS and started to adjust the CPU multiplier after we increased voltages. The first thing we do is move the multiplier up to 47x as this tends to be a good starting point for us. We booted up into Windows no problem and started running MediaEspresso.
Unfortunately when we hit 21% of that test it froze up. So we headed back to the BIOS and adjusted the voltage a little bit with no more luck. We then moved down to a 46x multiplier where everything was running fine in Windows. With that working fine we headed back into the BIOS and adjusted the BCLK.
We ended up with a BCLK of 100.7 as you can see above and combined with the 46x multiplier we've got a clock speed of 4631MHz or 4.63GHz as illustrated in our graphs today. This is a good overclock for us as we see most of the time our i7 CPU sits only around the 4.6 - 4.7GHz mark.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched