Inside the InWin GRone
The first look inside once the panels were off shows that there is a huge amount of room inside of the chassis. Since the hardware was taped to the front of the chassis, outside the plastic, the only thing to find inside it's the bundle of front I/O wiring and the fan leads.
Even though there is tool-less hardware for four bays, you have to realize the angled front I/O panel blocks use of the top one, so the bottom three correspond to removable covers in the front bezel. This pin system is very secure, but you can add a screw on the opposite side if you want positive security.
The hard drive rack sports a total of eight trays broken up into a group of five and another of three.
Now you can remove the top section, and you can even remove the bottom section of three with a little more work. As you can see though, the support wall will stay in place as it is riveted into the floor and ODD bays. You can see there is a cut out at the bottom to allow fans and a thin radiator to slide under it.
In the roof of the chassis InWin ships the fourth fan, a black, no LED 140mm fan. You can install three 140mm fans, three 120mm fans and a triple 120mm radiator. For some reason they don't say a triple 140mm radiator fits and I don't have one on hand to test out.
The motherboard tray offers room for E-ATX, ATX and M-ATX motherboards and has grommets in five holes around the edge of the tray. It also has a wide opening at the bottom to run the power wires through, and a huge CPU cooler access hole that is the full width of an ATX motherboard.
When the PSU gets screwed into the back of the chassis it also is supported with the pair of steel rails attached to the floor. On the right you can see one of the optional fan mounting positions of the two there, partially under the HDD rack.
The fifth and final fan included in the GRone is this black, no LED, 140mm fan. Below that you can see that InWin used thumbscrews in the expansion slot covers for secure mounting of any card.
One thing I am noticing is missing from this chassis. Where are the wire management tie points? While it seems there is plenty of room to manage wires, there are no options to tie anything up, so creativity will be a plus to manage this chassis.
I wasn't kidding wither. With almost a full inch of space for wiring back here, it is almost comical there are no provided ways to tie things up.
The wiring contains the native USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HD Audio, and the F_Panel connectors for the LEDs and switches. You also have a black SATA cable to plug into the motherboard and a SATA power plug to power the EZ-Swap Dock. Then you also have a 4-pin Molex to connect to power the fan controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- How to use Fallout 4's bottlecap glitch without depleting ammo
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01
- ESL and Intel bring the IEM World Championship back to Katowice on March 4-6, 2016
- Star Wars(TM): Galaxy of Heroes Now Available for Mobile from EA
- AMD Announces Radeon Crimson Software