Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved well beyond data storage through a network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you have and look at the extra hardware and software features. The QNAP TS-869 offers a good mix of features on both of these fronts.
Before we dive into the software let's cover the hardware. The QNAP TS-869 Pro uses an Intel Atom 2.13GHz processor and pairs it with 1GB of RAM. The RAM can be upgraded with an additional 1GB or 2GB stick, but this system is limited to 3GB total.
The primary method of transferring data to the TS-869 Pro is through dual gigabit Ethernet ports that can be 'teamed' to deliver up to around 220MB/s (peak burst rate) or configured in a round robin or even a single connection configuration. This unit also has dual USB 3.0 ports that are accompanied by four USB 2.0 ports and two eSATA ports.
After looking around online we managed to find the QNAP TS-869 Pro for less than $1100. This price includes the full two year warranty, but is for a diskless system, so you'll still have to purchase drives. Companies like AVADirect can offer you a turnkey system configured for plug in play to your existing network and with the drives installed and configured.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Need for Speed coming to PC in March, 4K and unlocked framerate
- Telsa's new 'Summon' feature parks, and retrieves your Model S vehicle
- Square Enix online store celebrates 15 years with a Super Sale
- Gabe Newell gave away HTC Vive Pre's like Santa Claus at Unity event
- LG unveils the touch-enabled Quick Cover for its unannounced G5 phone
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance