Our last few large capacity NAS server reviews were very high-end units that we tested with 10GbE Ethernet. 10GbE is a rapidly growing market, but due to the high cost of 10GbE switches and network adapters, it's still an enterprise option that most of us aren't ready for in our offices.
After that string of reviews you may be under the impression that all large capacity NAS servers have moved into this high-end class of products, but that isn't the case.
QNAP's TS-X69 series of products doesn't have the 10GbE capabilities as the higher spec models, but they do incorporate all of the other latest and greatest features. By eliminating 10GbE, QNAP was able to reduce the cost of the TS-X69 series. Instead users get dual gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, eSATA and QNAP's latest addition to the group, HDMI video out.
Today we're looking at QNAP's TS-869 Pro, an eight drive bay unit with more hardware and software bells and whistles than and medium sized office will ever use. You don't need to use all of the add-on features that go beyond data storage right away, the features are good for future use.
We'll look at the full gamut of features today, and then test the throughput of the TS-869 Pro.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives