Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On the outside of the Hoplite ST, the design reminds me more of the Fulmo GT than the original Hoplite chassis. The front of the chassis is blacked out with steel mash that that has raised sections in it for strength as well as style. As the front makes its way to the top and bottom the chassis there are rounded corners to gently wrap around to those panels. On the top the Hoplite ST features a front I/O panel followed behind it by a drive dock that has a door over it to act as a dust cover. Moving back a bit further, you have more of the same stylized mesh inserts that the front sports, over an opening that allows for either a 140mm or a 120mm fan to be installed. Under the chassis you will find a dust filter under the PSU, and that the chassis is supported with some large chunky feet. Around the back you will find four water cooling holes, seven expansion slots, and a large plastic handle to aid you in opening the side panel.
Inside of the Hoplite, it is painted with the same textured black paint that covers the exterior. Behind the front bezel you will find a 120mm fan installed just in front of the six drive bays for both 3.5 and 2.5" storage drives. These are in two racks of three drives each, and the top rack is removable from the chassis. Above those bays you will also find four 5.25" drive bays. Just behind all of the bays you will find the motherboard tray. Not only can you house an ATX and M-ATX motherboard, you get four wire management holes, three of which have grommets, and seven places to tie up wiring in the 20mm of room behind the motherboard tray. You will also find all of the wiring from the HD Audio, USB connections, and the Molex power plugs you need to power for the fan controller which powers three fans, and the dock on the top of the chassis.
Locating the Hoplite ST in the States is a tough challenge at the moment, and I am not quite sure they have made landfall yet. I am aware of the MSRP already set on the chassis though, and that is $69.99. As of now all I can find is listings over the pond, and with VAT included, the deal isn't as sweet over there as you are paying more than just a one to one conversion rate on this chassis.
While I will say this is a really good price for what you get on paper, it is in reality that I am dealing with, so how about we get right to it and see exactly what it is you do get in, on and around your Hoplite ST from Enermax.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS