Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On an aesthetic level there isn't a whole lot to describe. The front of the Elite 120 Advanced is made of plastic as its base material for the contour and structure of the bezel. On it, the edges stick out the furthest, and are beveled down below the face plate to allow for ventilation for the chassis on both sides and at the bottom. The face is covered with a brushed aluminum panel to dress things up a bit. As far as the connectivity here, you have USB 2.0 ports with the front panel audio on the left side, and the power, reset and a USB 3.0 port to the right of the metal plate. Looking around the top and sides, they are constricted of steel and very well ventilated, and the top even has a duct filter for the PSU that will sit there. Around the back there is room for the power supply, the rear I/O, has a wire pass through hole, and offers two expansion slots.
On the inside you will find room to house one optical drive, and below it is a three bay HDD rack. The nice thing about this HDD rack is that it offers adapters in two of the bays that will allow for 1.8" and 2.5" drives to go into those two bays, jacking the total of storage drives to a potential five. An added touch to the side of the hard drive rack nearest the motherboard tray is the ability to house another 120mm fan on this side rather than just the one 120mm fan already installed in front of this rack. Speaking of the motherboard tray, this one only houses M-ITX motherboards, but it offers six wire tie points around it as well as a removable 80mm fan that will blow onto the CPU cooler and heat sinks around it. The nice thing about this design is that the chassis allows for a 65mm overall height for a CPU cooler, and even better is the 343mm of room for video cards allowing you to really pour on the power in this small chassis.
The best feature of the RC-120A-KKN1 Elite 120 Advanced has to be the pricing. While I am able to find listings at quite a few places, you need to pay attention when purchasing this. On the lowest end from a few places I have never heard of, let alone shopped there, but the chassis can be found for as low as $49.99, all inclusive. Getting to the average pricing, I found Newegg has a $49.99 base price, but also requires and additional $9.99 to ship, but there is peace of mind for that additional ten dollars buying from them. I say shop smart, because I also see listings going above and beyond $80 for this chassis, too.
For right now and the purposes of this review, I will be referring to the $59.98 pricing of Newegg for reference to the market, and for what you receive, under $60 for the Elite 120 Advanced is a solid deal in my book.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards