Inside the Cougar Evolution Galaxy
With the panels now off of the case you can see this Evolution comes with a black interior with accents of bright orange everywhere. The wiring is neatly tied in the optical bays, but the hardware box has gotten lose and is last left resting on the floor of the chassis.
There are a total of six 5.25" bays and on this side there are tool-less latches to secure the devices. On the other side there is a hole to add a screw in the front hole of every device, but the rear holes is a bit of sprung steel from the cage to keep that in position.
Below the optical drive bays you will find room for up to four storage drives. The bays are made for 3.5" drives, but the orange trays will easy accept a 2.5" drive as well.
Loosening a pair of thumbscrews on the front of the HDD rack allows it to be removable to allow you to take better advantage of the Turbine Fan, or give you room for a pump and reservoir. The screws are even made to not come out of the cage so there is no chance of losing them.
Under the roof of the chassis there are clips installed that will allow a user to simply clip their fans into these and plug them in. There is no need to mess around with trying to take the top off and screw them in.
The motherboard tray that accepts both ATX and m-ATX motherboards offers six places for wires to run through, but they lack grommets. It also lacks places to tie up the wiring, only providing two near the bottom. Also notice that most of the risers are bumps in the steel, and not actual brass stand-offs.
In the back there is the other 120mm Turbine fan that comes in the Evolution. It also installs on one of the same clips found everywhere else, but the floor of the chassis. To hold the ventilated expansion slot covers in place, or your cards, they will be secured with these thumbscrews.
In the floor of the chassis you do have the option of a 120mm or a 140mm fan to go here, but that depends on the length of the PSU just behind it. To hold the PSU in place there is a top and bottom support on the rear of the chassis as well as a pair of dense rubber pads that will help support the weight.
There is a bunch of wiring to deal with in this chassis. There is the power lead and fan leads for the fan controller, there is the power lead and the SATA cable to deal with for the HDD dock. These are on top of the F-panel wires, the native USB 3.0 connection, the USB 2.0 connection and the HD Audio connection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4