Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Visually the Evolution Galaxy has an industrial look with the large expanse down the front of the honeycomb mesh used as the intake for the chassis. As you step back just a bit it will definitely remind you of an expanded metal grid. This same thing can be found on the top of the chassis behind a hidden HDD dock and the front I/O panel. On both sides, at the top and front of the chassis, designed into the ABS plastic, you find an angled steel beam look. As for the panels, both sides are bumped out to allow for more space behind them, but the left side of the chassis offers a large window with a black grill over the fan mounting position in the lower left corner. Adding just a bit of "flash" to an all-white external design, Cougar accents this case with black inserts behind the honeycomb mesh, and on the door of the HDD dock.
On the technical side of things, the front of the Evolution can hold two 120mm fans, but only one is shipped. At the top there is room for up to six 5.25" devices with one side of the bays equipped with tool-less latches. Below that you find a removable hard drive rack that will hold four drives, both 3.5" as well as 2.5" drives. In the roof of the chassis there is also room for another pair of 120mm fans although none are shipped in there either. The motherboard tray offers plenty of wire management options and will hold either an m-ATX or an ATX motherboard. On the floor there is room for a 120mm fan depending on if the PSU in the back is short enough not to block its access. In the back of the chassis you have two water cooling holes near the top for external loops, and eight expansion slots. I mentioned the chassis offers a HDD dock in the top, but I have yet to cover the dual zone fan controller system that in incorporated into the front I/O. There is channel A and B, and the chassis comes with some 3-way Y-splitter cables so you can power and control up to six fans right out of the box with it.
For a full tower chassis to have both a fan controller and an hard drive dock, while still being aesthetically pleasing to a vast majority of users, I would have expected to see that when I was able to locate this chassis, that the Evolution Galaxy was going to be priced in the $150 to $200 segment in cases. Low and behold, when I did locate this chassis at Newegg, I was a bit shocked to see a $94.99 base price. It shows that is currently marked down from $119.99, and to obtain one you will have to shell out another $19.99 to ship it.
So, for a grand total of only $114.98, you could have this Evolution Galaxy at your door and begin to reap its benefits.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 requires 60GB of HDD space on Xbox One
- Allison Road abandons Kickstarter, as it has found itself a publisher
- Check out this awesome 'Back to the Future' vinyl box set
- Ronda Rousey's 'Road House' remake finds its director
- Square Enix could crowdfund the localization of its Japanese games
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- airflow questions for lian li pco-6 case
- eee 1000H BIOS stuck + BIOS flash problems
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS
- GELID Announces the GC-Pro Thermal Compound