Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Visually the Evolution Galaxy has an industrial look with the large expanse down the front of the honeycomb mesh used as the intake for the chassis. As you step back just a bit it will definitely remind you of an expanded metal grid. This same thing can be found on the top of the chassis behind a hidden HDD dock and the front I/O panel. On both sides, at the top and front of the chassis, designed into the ABS plastic, you find an angled steel beam look. As for the panels, both sides are bumped out to allow for more space behind them, but the left side of the chassis offers a large window with a black grill over the fan mounting position in the lower left corner. Adding just a bit of "flash" to an all-white external design, Cougar accents this case with black inserts behind the honeycomb mesh, and on the door of the HDD dock.
On the technical side of things, the front of the Evolution can hold two 120mm fans, but only one is shipped. At the top there is room for up to six 5.25" devices with one side of the bays equipped with tool-less latches. Below that you find a removable hard drive rack that will hold four drives, both 3.5" as well as 2.5" drives. In the roof of the chassis there is also room for another pair of 120mm fans although none are shipped in there either. The motherboard tray offers plenty of wire management options and will hold either an m-ATX or an ATX motherboard. On the floor there is room for a 120mm fan depending on if the PSU in the back is short enough not to block its access. In the back of the chassis you have two water cooling holes near the top for external loops, and eight expansion slots. I mentioned the chassis offers a HDD dock in the top, but I have yet to cover the dual zone fan controller system that in incorporated into the front I/O. There is channel A and B, and the chassis comes with some 3-way Y-splitter cables so you can power and control up to six fans right out of the box with it.
For a full tower chassis to have both a fan controller and an hard drive dock, while still being aesthetically pleasing to a vast majority of users, I would have expected to see that when I was able to locate this chassis, that the Evolution Galaxy was going to be priced in the $150 to $200 segment in cases. Low and behold, when I did locate this chassis at Newegg, I was a bit shocked to see a $94.99 base price. It shows that is currently marked down from $119.99, and to obtain one you will have to shell out another $19.99 to ship it.
So, for a grand total of only $114.98, you could have this Evolution Galaxy at your door and begin to reap its benefits.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Our 'Kingsglaive' Blu-ray giveaway is no 'Final Fantasy'
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now