Installation and Finished Product
Since the back plate uses a riser and raised nut system, once you pass the studs through the motherboard, the board will bottom out against risers. This keeps the back plate from touching and eliminates the need for a plastic or foam spacer.
As the instructions say, I found the two cut-outs in the base and made sure to install that closest to my video card. Being completely square I don't see the reasoning, but I did as instructed anyways.
Mounting the PH-TC90LS is as simple as adding the four screws, and securing them to the back plate. Right about the time you run out of room to fully compress the spring, the threads run out stopping you when it is mounted correctly.
With the compact design of this cooler, it easily leaves all four memory slots open, and in no way will have issues with even the tallest of RAM heat spreaders.
Just to give you a bit more perspective on exactly how tall this cooler is once mounted to the board, I got as low as I could to show what can actually be seen over the memory. Anything taller here and the cooler virtually disappears.
Form this angle you can see that there is little to no reason this won't fit on any motherboard with any configuration, as long as you have the correct socket. It does take up all the room it can, but it misses all of the heat sinks, leaves the memory slots open, and doesn't even come close to the video card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Phanteks PH-TC90LS Low Profile CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications