Zalman CNPS9900DF CPU Cooler
After removing the inner plastic, and the foam from the fan, you can see that the CNPS9900DF arrived with all the fins pretty well in line behind the 120mm fan these fins surround.
From the side you can see how the fins on the left (front) actually surround the fan on its sides, whereas the second set of fins doesn't so there was room enough to set in the larger 135mm fan in the middle.
Looking at the back of the cooler you can see the fins not only radiate outward, but at the end they take a band to the right as well. Another thing to notice is while the front only has the one loop running through it, the smaller back section of the cooler has two.
You already know what the cooler looked like from the side, so I adjusted the angle a bit so that you can get a better idea of the leading edge design of the fins as this pair of fans tries to push through them.
The top part of the base is either aluminum or some sort of white metal used for two reasons. The first is to give a place for the pair of fans to be screwed down to, and the second is that it acts as the foundation for the mounting pieces that the base plate clamps down on.
The 120mm fan in the front is powered by the white, blue, and black lead with the 3-pin connector on it. The 135mm fan however receives the standard 4-pin PWM connection most motherboards come with.
This image isn't to show off the finish of the base. It was taken so that you could get a look at the Phillip's head screws you will need to back out to allow the mounting hardware in there.
This is the image to show off the base. Against a razor there is very little deviation in any direction and as you can see with the reflection of the ZM-STG2 on the finely polished, then plated base.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Zalman CNPS9900DF CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20