With OCZ Technology slowing down, or falling off a cliff, depending on who you ask, some say Corsair is next in line to become number one. Number one at what wasn't defined, but it was an interesting conversation with an employee from another manufacturer that clearly had a special place in his heart for Corsair.
At Computex 2012, Corsair had a good showing and appeared like a company that could ride the white horse in the front of the cavalry. Computex brought two new controllers, one from LAMD and one from Novachips, Corsair has an exclusive on the LAMD. This strategy is old hat from SSD manufacturers. We're just used to seeing OCZ Technology wearing the hat, and everyone else waiting for their turn to chime the ME TOO bell.
Prior to the Neutron and Neutron GTX release Corsair sent drives to a few media partners to test even while the firmware was going through the final stages of qualification. This process gave the media an opportunity to really shake the drives down, time to run a lot of tests and more importantly time to really get a feel for the performance and endurance. Corsair came out looking presidential after that.
Today we're looking at the Neutron GTX 480GB, Corsair's current flagship model, in its largest capacity. In the past large capacity drives always came with a catch 22. The large capacity meant lower performance, mainly in the 4K write speed. Today we'll see if the Neutron GTX 480GB manages to keep pace with the 240GB model, and we'll also introduce you to some of our exciting new tests that we've been working on for the last few months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Neutron Series GTX 480GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog