With OCZ Technology slowing down, or falling off a cliff, depending on who you ask, some say Corsair is next in line to become number one. Number one at what wasn't defined, but it was an interesting conversation with an employee from another manufacturer that clearly had a special place in his heart for Corsair.
At Computex 2012, Corsair had a good showing and appeared like a company that could ride the white horse in the front of the cavalry. Computex brought two new controllers, one from LAMD and one from Novachips, Corsair has an exclusive on the LAMD. This strategy is old hat from SSD manufacturers. We're just used to seeing OCZ Technology wearing the hat, and everyone else waiting for their turn to chime the ME TOO bell.
Prior to the Neutron and Neutron GTX release Corsair sent drives to a few media partners to test even while the firmware was going through the final stages of qualification. This process gave the media an opportunity to really shake the drives down, time to run a lot of tests and more importantly time to really get a feel for the performance and endurance. Corsair came out looking presidential after that.
Today we're looking at the Neutron GTX 480GB, Corsair's current flagship model, in its largest capacity. In the past large capacity drives always came with a catch 22. The large capacity meant lower performance, mainly in the 4K write speed. Today we'll see if the Neutron GTX 480GB manages to keep pace with the 240GB model, and we'll also introduce you to some of our exciting new tests that we've been working on for the last few months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Neutron Series GTX 480GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- body to struggle with Mental Health
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015