Looking above you can see our standard testbed setup. With no changes we'll quickly just get into the overclocking side of things to see how we went on the new MSI Z77 MPOWER. As always once we finished our initial stock testing we headed into the BIOS and got into the overclocking side to see just what we're able to get out of the board here today.
Heading into the BIOS we start working with the multiplier to see where we end up. We ended up getting into Windows with a 47x without an issue, once we started moving around a little bit we did run into some instability issues. With that said we headed back into the BIOS and moved to 46x.
With everything running at 4.6GHz we then headed back into the BIOS to adjust the BCLK. We ended up finally up and running in Windows at just over 4.6GHz with the final speed coming in at 4624MHz. This is a pretty good overclock off our CPU which normally sees itself sitting around the 4.6GHz - 4.7GHz mark.
Quickly before we get into the benchmarking side of things we'll quickly just cover the motherboards that will be included in our graphs today. Along with the Z77 MPOWER running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula that we looked at the other week. We've also got the ASRock X79 Extrene4, ASUS Maximus IV and Maximus V GENE to round out the collection of motherboards.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook