Looking above you can see our standard testbed setup. With no changes we'll quickly just get into the overclocking side of things to see how we went on the new MSI Z77 MPOWER. As always once we finished our initial stock testing we headed into the BIOS and got into the overclocking side to see just what we're able to get out of the board here today.
Heading into the BIOS we start working with the multiplier to see where we end up. We ended up getting into Windows with a 47x without an issue, once we started moving around a little bit we did run into some instability issues. With that said we headed back into the BIOS and moved to 46x.
With everything running at 4.6GHz we then headed back into the BIOS to adjust the BCLK. We ended up finally up and running in Windows at just over 4.6GHz with the final speed coming in at 4624MHz. This is a pretty good overclock off our CPU which normally sees itself sitting around the 4.6GHz - 4.7GHz mark.
Quickly before we get into the benchmarking side of things we'll quickly just cover the motherboards that will be included in our graphs today. Along with the Z77 MPOWER running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula that we looked at the other week. We've also got the ASRock X79 Extrene4, ASUS Maximus IV and Maximus V GENE to round out the collection of motherboards.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset