Looking above you can see our standard testbed setup. With no changes we'll quickly just get into the overclocking side of things to see how we went on the new MSI Z77 MPOWER. As always once we finished our initial stock testing we headed into the BIOS and got into the overclocking side to see just what we're able to get out of the board here today.
Heading into the BIOS we start working with the multiplier to see where we end up. We ended up getting into Windows with a 47x without an issue, once we started moving around a little bit we did run into some instability issues. With that said we headed back into the BIOS and moved to 46x.
With everything running at 4.6GHz we then headed back into the BIOS to adjust the BCLK. We ended up finally up and running in Windows at just over 4.6GHz with the final speed coming in at 4624MHz. This is a pretty good overclock off our CPU which normally sees itself sitting around the 4.6GHz - 4.7GHz mark.
Quickly before we get into the benchmarking side of things we'll quickly just cover the motherboards that will be included in our graphs today. Along with the Z77 MPOWER running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula that we looked at the other week. We've also got the ASRock X79 Extrene4, ASUS Maximus IV and Maximus V GENE to round out the collection of motherboards.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017