MSI's Z77 MPOWER is a good motherboard, but it doesn't stand out in any massive way. What was ultimately going to make or break the motherboard was going to be the price. Coming in at $199.99 the Z77 MPOWER hits at a really strong price point considering its good features, and at under $200 it's at a price point it needs to be.
What MSI has going for them is at this price point there's a lot of boards that don't look all that exciting. In typical MSI fashion, though, they manage to create a motherboard that not only looks good, but comes in at a strong price point. The black matte color really does look fantastic against the yellow accents and grey heatsinks that are present.
On the feature side of things the board is also very strong. We've got a clear focus on overclocking, but you don't need to be an LN2 overclocking master to take advantage of them. While some of the features you might not use like the V-Check points, other things like the onboard power buttons of the OC Genie II for easy overclocking are a great option, along with the better components MSI has added to the board to aid in your OC.
Overall we've just got a really good motherboard from MSI that comes in at a strong price point. If you're looking at spending under $200 and want a larger ATX option, this is a great choice. Performance is strong out of the box, and there are also good overclocking features present.
Along with that, though, while OC Genie II might not be the most advanced overclocking feature, if you're worried about going into the BIOS yourself and don't know what to do, it's great to get a free boost at the press of a button.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available