Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Covering the technical aspect, let's start inside of the LUA first. Here you have an Avago ADNS A3050 optical sensor to track the movements you make. This sensor offers you the ability to switch between 250 DPI and 2000 DPI in seven steps. To register the action to the right and left clicks on the mouse there is a pair of Omron switches to give long life and accurate reading of those made here. As for the DPI selection button and the scroll wheel click are backed by TTC switches. Since they are used much less, lifespan is less of an issue with these. Moving to the outside, on the technical aspect, you will find that the LUA offers an LED backlit logo, offers three buttons which can be reassigned via software, and comes with textured grip on the sides and a rubberized coating across the top.
Moving on to the looks and size of the LUA, I will start off with its size and shape. ROCCAT has designed the LUA to be used by any hand, and to do so they offer a smaller sized mouse that is super light weight so that it fits in any hand and glides on the PTFE feet with very little effort for the user. The LUA is wide at the back, narrower in the middle, then widens at the front again. Across the top of the LUA there is a defined ridge from front to back, but with the "flatness" of the height from table to the top of the mouse, the ridge doesn't really come into play against your hand.
As for the coloring, the sides are black, but made of textured plastic to ensure a terrific grip on the mouse, while the bulk of the top of the LUA is given a rubberized coating to also try to aid in keeping your hand positioned well during game play, even when your hand is hot and sweaty. I almost forgot to mention this, the last bit of design and styling went into the illumination on the heel of the LUA that displays the ROCCAT logo in a pleasing arctic blue glow of LED lighting.
As of this moment, the ROCCAT LUA is still unavailable. From the news I can find as of the beginning of this month, the LUA was scheduled to release at the end of October or early November. Since we are at the end of October now, I can only assume that there is just a short wait left until you are able to start locating this mouse at your favorite shop. Keeping in mind the very basic layout of the mouse, and the facts that is offers LED lighting and software to reconfigure and customize the LUA, the MSRP of $29.99 is a very acceptable price point that I think anyone will pay to give the LUA a go.
So of the ROCCAT LUA 3-button mouse seems like it would be a perfect fit for you, keep your eyes peeled, as it won't be long until these are everywhere you can currently locate ROCCAT products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT LUA 3-button Optical Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the ROCCAT LUA]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [ROCCAT Sense High Precision Gaming Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs