AZiO KB505U Large Print 3 Color Backlit Keyboard
Right out of the box you can definitely see the large print used on the KB505U as the milky white color of the rubber dome switches shows through them. You also can get a sense of the textured finish contrasting against the shiny section that surrounds the keys, along with the rounded over front edge and gentle corners of this keyboard.
For the basic 74 key layout on the KB505U all of the icons, numbers, letters, and commands are all increased in size quite a bit to make it much easier on the eyes finding the right keys.
The other 30 keys on the right are a mix of the standard keys on the number pad with ten keys obviously abbreviated to just two or three letters to get the point across to what the key does. For those used to touch typing and keyboard layouts this matters very little, but may confuse those users who aren't used to what the keys were for on a board that writes out the full command.
Above the standard keys on the KB505U you also get a row of smaller keys across the top edge. Here you can see the Email, Home, and Favorites keys and the Play/Pause, Rewind, Fast Forward, and Stop keys on the left half of the keyboard.
Moving just off center to the right you then find the rest of the multimedia keys and a few other handy keys. There are the Volume Down, Volume Up, and Mute keys to finish off the multimedia section, and then the Media Player, My Computer, and Calculator buttons to finish off the quick-keys.
The last thing I want to discuss that is found on the top of the KB505U is the three LED indicators for the number lock, caps lock, and scroll lock. These sit right next to the button marked LED that is what you need to use to change through the three color options of the backlighting.
I wanted to get in very close to show that there is a slight cupping on the top of the key caps to give your fingers sort of a resting zone as you go to use them. It is a little less than I prefer on my caps, but just enough to feel and be useful.
Under the keyboard you can see the rounded front edge does work as a wrist rest, even if not that long, without the added bit here the keyboard would be much harder to use long term. Besides that, near the front edge, there are a couple of drain points if you do accidentally pour a drink in the keyboard it has a way to let the liquid out.
Both the right and left sides of the front edge offer two feet. A larger one on the leading edge of the keyboard and the thinner one installed under the rest to ensure this keyboard won't move around, nor will the added plastic click against the desktop under the pressure of your hands.
If the slight rise of the keys designed into the KB505U is not enough for your comfort during use, they do offer a foot like this on both corners in the rear to allow you to add roughly another half of an inch to the back of the keyboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [AZiO KB505U Large Print 3 Color Backlit Keyboard]
- Page 5 [AZiO KB505U Keyboard Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio