As with anything CM Storm I have received in the past, the red on black packaging is again the basic theme. On top of that you get an image of the Recon with some orange field engulfing the mouse. Under the gold Recon name there are the DPI options and four key features to attract the eye to the box.
You can release the pair of Velcro pads to open the front panel to display six features like the multi-color LEDs, the on-the-fly DPI buttons, the Avago sensor, the super grip coating, nine programmable buttons, and the Omron switches used inside. On the right you can see the Recon in all of its glory under the form fitting plastic covering.
The thin right side of the box offers the Storm Tactics logo and the Strength, Security, and Control icons on top of the same red design that is continued from the front of the packaging.
On the back of the Recon box you will find a simplified specifications list to the one we covered on the last page. Under the chart you will find regional office information along with the compliance and care icons.
This side is taken up with the words "Gaming mouse - RECON" in 21 different languages. At the bottom to the left of the barcodes you can see the system requirements of any Windows OS since XP, and even x64 versions.
Inside of the box you will find the Recon is packed tightly in the form fitting plastic cover that also raises on both sides to take impact before the mouse would if this was to get dropped in transit. You also will find some paperwork slid in under this packaging.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Recon Optical Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the CM Storm Recon]
- Page 6 [Documentation]
- Page 7 [CM Storm Speed-RX L Gaming Mouse Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER