As with anything CM Storm I have received in the past, the red on black packaging is again the basic theme. On top of that you get an image of the Recon with some orange field engulfing the mouse. Under the gold Recon name there are the DPI options and four key features to attract the eye to the box.
You can release the pair of Velcro pads to open the front panel to display six features like the multi-color LEDs, the on-the-fly DPI buttons, the Avago sensor, the super grip coating, nine programmable buttons, and the Omron switches used inside. On the right you can see the Recon in all of its glory under the form fitting plastic covering.
The thin right side of the box offers the Storm Tactics logo and the Strength, Security, and Control icons on top of the same red design that is continued from the front of the packaging.
On the back of the Recon box you will find a simplified specifications list to the one we covered on the last page. Under the chart you will find regional office information along with the compliance and care icons.
This side is taken up with the words "Gaming mouse - RECON" in 21 different languages. At the bottom to the left of the barcodes you can see the system requirements of any Windows OS since XP, and even x64 versions.
Inside of the box you will find the Recon is packed tightly in the form fitting plastic cover that also raises on both sides to take impact before the mouse would if this was to get dropped in transit. You also will find some paperwork slid in under this packaging.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Recon Optical Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the CM Storm Recon]
- Page 6 [Documentation]
- Page 7 [CM Storm Speed-RX L Gaming Mouse Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family