Intel's release of the i875P chipset was to revolutionize the Intel Pentium 4 processors, both past and present. This it did, incorporating the first official DDR-400 Dual Channel Memory controller into the Intel Pentium 4 chipset, it gave a peak bandwidth of 6.4GB/s memory transfer. This allowed for a faster FSB of 800MHz and keeping the bandwidth between the CPU and memory running at identical speeds. Adding Serial ATA with RAID options to the Southbridge before VIA, SiS or nVidia had their designs on paper Intel took the Pentium 4 to the highest level, knocking down any chance the AMD Athlon XP 3200+ had of being a serious contender for over 3GHz operations.
While the i875P was revolutionary from Intel, it's also an expensive solution. Thus came the i865 series chipset, supporting 99% of the features of the i875P, it soon became apparent the i875P would never be as popular as the i865 chipset due to its identical performance and cheaper prices.
While most companies have moved away from Canterwood mass productions due to costs, EPoX has added another board to its Intel Pentium 4 portfolio. Today we take a look at their latest addition to the group, the i875P powered 4PCA3+.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog