Intel's release of the i875P chipset was to revolutionize the Intel Pentium 4 processors, both past and present. This it did, incorporating the first official DDR-400 Dual Channel Memory controller into the Intel Pentium 4 chipset, it gave a peak bandwidth of 6.4GB/s memory transfer. This allowed for a faster FSB of 800MHz and keeping the bandwidth between the CPU and memory running at identical speeds. Adding Serial ATA with RAID options to the Southbridge before VIA, SiS or nVidia had their designs on paper Intel took the Pentium 4 to the highest level, knocking down any chance the AMD Athlon XP 3200+ had of being a serious contender for over 3GHz operations.
While the i875P was revolutionary from Intel, it's also an expensive solution. Thus came the i865 series chipset, supporting 99% of the features of the i875P, it soon became apparent the i875P would never be as popular as the i865 chipset due to its identical performance and cheaper prices.
While most companies have moved away from Canterwood mass productions due to costs, EPoX has added another board to its Intel Pentium 4 portfolio. Today we take a look at their latest addition to the group, the i875P powered 4PCA3+.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED