The other day we checked out the MSI GTX 650 1GB Power Edition and today we look at the last piece of the puzzle when it comes to the main GTX 600 series and that comes in the form of the MSI GTX 650 Ti 1GB Power Edition.
When looking at the GTX 650 and the GTX 660, we noticed that there's quite a large gap in performance with a bunch of FPS separating the cards. What we did see, though, is just how well the new model shined when it came to the overclocking side of things with a massive overclock which really did a good job of giving us what was often a 20% increase in performance.
Today we're going to find out how the new GTX 650 Ti sits between the two non-Ti models. Along with that we'll also see what the performance difference is against the GTX 650 with the massive overclock we managed to achieve on the Power Edition version of the card we looked at.
Before we find out just what kind of performance this new GTX 650 Ti is able to pull out in terms of performance, though, the first thing we need to do is take a look at the package of the MSI GTX 650 Ti 1GB Power Edition and find out just what kind bundle MSI is offering us.
From there we'll move onto the card itself and take a closer look at the specification side of things. We'll look at what a reference GTX 650 Ti will offer you out of the box while we'll also take a look at what this MSI version is offering. Once we've done that we'll check out the testbed and then finally get into the performance side of things to see just what kind of numbers we're able to get out of this new model.
Checking out the front of the box you can see the typical Power Edition box design we've seen for a while now with all the standard information mentioned on the front of the box. Opening up the box we see across the top we've got a run down on some of the main advantages that are brought to the table being a Power Edition Card.
The big one is Triple Over-Voltage function that is opened up via MSI Afterburner while we can also see improved components in the form of the Hi-c CAP, Solid CAP and SFC. Across the bottom we can see the enhanced PWM Design, a bit more mention about MSI Afterburner and some quotes on the Cyclone cooler including one from TweakTown.
Moving to the bottom half of the box we get a look at the card for the first time and you can see a strong emphasis on the cooler and some of the main features that it offers. Turning the box over we get a run down on the main features and some other key information regarding the GTX 650 Ti itself.
Moving inside the package we can see the normal line up of paperwork and driver CD present. Along with that we've got a DVI to VGA connector, Mini-HDMI to HDMI connector and a Dual-Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connector to round out the bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky on PC might release three days later than PS4 version
- Tesla Model S P85D goes head to head with McLaren 650S
- SAPPHIRE announces its new NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- See Star Citizen's current biggest flyable ship in 4K
- Twitter will livestream free NHL, MLB games
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio