The Board - Continued (Again)
Moving on to the peripheral portion of the board, we see that we have a lot of expansion room still. Though it is rare that we will need this many PCI slots anymore, it is still nice to know that you have room to grow if something new comes along that you just can't live without.
You'll have a full compliment of six PCI slots to work with along with an AGP port. Of special note regarding the AGP port is that it will not handle AGP 2x video boards. If you'll recall, these require a 3.3v power supply and this board is not designed to accommodate this. You will have to have a board that supports AGP 4x or 8x standards with a maximum voltage requirement of 1.5v.
Audio functions are handled by the VIA VT1616 chip pictured above in its native habitat. Though small in stature, it is AC'97 compliant and is capable of 6-channel sound. It can even make use of those 5.1 speakers you just happen to have sitting on your desk.
Quality wise, inbred (whoops, I meant onboard) audio has come a long way. While you will get better sound quality from your high-end audio boards, the output from this audio chipset was very capable of handling chores ranging from gaming to listening to your favorite collection of MP3s.
With all of the new features that are being built into motherboards of late, having custom backplates for the ports is becoming almost commonplace. Imagine my surprise when I looked and noted that the layout of the ports of this board are actually industry standard. I actually had to look around for the default plate that came with my case!
A quick note...if you'll take a look at the audio jacks toward the right, this isn't going to be your regular speaker/mic/line in routine. This is your support for those 5.1 speakers. The ports are actually left channel, right channel and sub.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SL-KT600-R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 3 [Contents]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 4 [The Board]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 5 [The Board - Continued]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 6 [The Board - Continued]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 7 [Installation Notes]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 8 [Test Setup & SiSoft Sandra]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 16 [Overclocking]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 17 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- Far Cry 5 release date announced with new trailer
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- Aerocool unveils first gaming chair with edge lighting
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017