Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Comay offers the Venus Pro 3 in four capacity sizes, but if you purchase 100 drives, you can make a custom order. The standard capacity sizes are 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB of user capacity. Comay does a very good job on its specifications sheet, and gives us a lot of information.
The Venus Pro 3 uses a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller (SF-2282 for the 240GB) and pairs the controller with Intel 25nm synchronous flash. This combination gives us very good performance and a long life span. Comay even lists the write endurance on its spec sheet, which is something we rarely see. Our 240GB drive will survive for 32 years, when writing 50GB a day.
When we looked at the 120GB model Comay didn't have a US distributer or for that matter any US representation. They do have a distributer in Canada and now they have a US presence through M-Factors. M-Factors is also the US distributer for KingFast, we reviewed its F3 Plus product a couple of weeks ago. M-Factors currently have stock of the Venus Pro 3 in all capacity sizes.
The 240GB model we're looking at today shows a price of $187.50. This is right around what we'd expect for a regular 240GB Team SandForce SATA III SSD, but as we've mentioned, the Venus Pro 3 has host power loss protection, and it also has overload protection, a feature less obvious in the images of the PCB, but also a first on a consumer SSD.
Comay backs its Venus Pro 3 with a three year warranty, but does not include a desktop adapter bracket or data migration software in the package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- Galaxy S7 battery said to last two days on single charge
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform