Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Comay offers the Venus Pro 3 in four capacity sizes, but if you purchase 100 drives, you can make a custom order. The standard capacity sizes are 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB of user capacity. Comay does a very good job on its specifications sheet, and gives us a lot of information.
The Venus Pro 3 uses a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller (SF-2282 for the 240GB) and pairs the controller with Intel 25nm synchronous flash. This combination gives us very good performance and a long life span. Comay even lists the write endurance on its spec sheet, which is something we rarely see. Our 240GB drive will survive for 32 years, when writing 50GB a day.
When we looked at the 120GB model Comay didn't have a US distributer or for that matter any US representation. They do have a distributer in Canada and now they have a US presence through M-Factors. M-Factors is also the US distributer for KingFast, we reviewed its F3 Plus product a couple of weeks ago. M-Factors currently have stock of the Venus Pro 3 in all capacity sizes.
The 240GB model we're looking at today shows a price of $187.50. This is right around what we'd expect for a regular 240GB Team SandForce SATA III SSD, but as we've mentioned, the Venus Pro 3 has host power loss protection, and it also has overload protection, a feature less obvious in the images of the PCB, but also a first on a consumer SSD.
Comay backs its Venus Pro 3 with a three year warranty, but does not include a desktop adapter bracket or data migration software in the package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20