Accessories and Documentation
The fan used to cool the HE01 is this rounded frame 140mm fan. With seven thick fan blades and the frame all being black, the natural aluminum and flat black fan is a nice contrast. As for the connectivity, it comes with a 4-pin PWM connector for the motherboard, but also has another male fan connector piggy backed inline so you can also connect another fan from the same header.
Now we get a glimpse at the model number for this 38mm thick fan. It is the SST-FHP141-H that requires 9V to run 1110 RPM and with 12V can spin at speeds of 1945 RPM from what I gathered during testing. You may also notice that there is an extra set of wiring besides the four wires to power and control it.
Those wires will lead you to a switch cut into the frame of the fan. It is currently set on P or Performance mode. This is where the fan is at its loudest and strongest. You then have the option to select Q or Quiet mode, to give you silence at the expense of a few degrees.
Even though there is only one fan shipped with the HE01, SilverStone offers even more room for improvement by supplying to total of six wire fan clips so that you may run up to three fans on this cooler if you should choose to do so.
Getting to the hardware, you can see you get quite a bit, and this isn't all of it. Here you have the thermal grease, mounting screws, AMD plastic spacer stickers, four black plastic spacers, eight black rubber fan pads, the LGA775 insert, LGA2011 mounting screws, leg mounting screws and four thumbscrews.
The rest of the hardware provided includes the Intel top brackets on the left, the universal back plate that has rubber spacers for Intel, and the AMD top brackets at the right. Once all of the hardware is on the board and the cooler is in place, you then secure it with the cross-bar at the bottom with the spring loaded Phillip's screws in it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone SST-HE01 Twin Tower CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform