SilverStone SST-HE01 Twin Tower CPU Cooler
What you are looking at here is the face of the HE01 and the stack of 47 fins pressed over the pipes that make some unconventional crossing of the pipes as they enter the base of the cooler. The fins are very wide across this side of the cooler and are supported in the middle to keep the spacing correct across this entire length.
From the side you can see that the front or the stack on the left is much thinner than the back section of this design. While both stacks contain 47 fins, the "front" section allows you to still have access to vital components on the motherboard, where other dual tower designs don't seem to care.
Looking down at the top of the cooler you can see the jagged edges of the fins to help with the proper spacing of the fan to be able to build its pressure, as well as being slightly curved. The notches and tabs on the sides is where you can connect the equipped fan as well as an additional two with the provided fan clips.
Between the towers, at the top of the base, there are four keys protruding that will allow for the cross bar to be installed later. These tabs are what will keep the bar centered, but also will keep the cooler from twisting once it is installed.
The pipes do run in an odd configuration into the base, but as you can see here, with this configuration they were left making very gentle bends to the pipes and not kinking them or making them oblong in the process keeping the integrity of each pipe intact.
The base is slightly convex, or it is slightly high in the middle, and bears the marks of the milling process. You can also see at the edge of the base that each of the pipes has been soldered into place after the plating has been done.
Skipping ahead and digging into the boxes to get the rubber isolation pads, the fan, and the wire fan clips, you can now see the HE01 in its fully assembled configuration, this time with the front of the cooler facing the right.
Spinning the HE01 around so that we can see just how much of the fins this 39mm thick monster of a fan covers, and I must say it covers the better part of 80% of both fin stacks, and should have no issues cooling them with the 171 CFM that this fan is capable of pushing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone SST-HE01 Twin Tower CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Kirin 970 goes into mass production in September
- Xiaomi announces Mi AI Speaker priced at mere $45
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available