Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Going by what the chart shows, the SST-HE01 is constructed from copper for the base and heat pipes, then both are nickel plated for anti-corrosion and aesthetic reasons, and then the aluminum fins are pressed over the six pipes with 6mm diameter. The fan chosen to cool this design is a 140mm diameter fan that is 38mm thick. The fan itself is specified to run between 18 and 41 dBA while producing 42.8 to a whopping 171 CFM of airflow. Since the fan is in the middle of this twin tower design the overall size is quite small for this category of coolers. The cooler stands 160mm tall, is 140mm side to side, and is only 119mm front to back. This will leave lots of room for memory and getting to the 8-pin EPS power plug connection.
Off the record so to speak, as it isn't covered in the specs, the HE01 isn't the typical design. The way the cooler is supposed to be installed, it has a thinner tower nearest the memory slots as not to encroach on that space at all. Then after the fan, there is a larger section of the twin tower design that is a size that I am used to seeing on this type of design. Added benefits to this are that the fan in between the fin arrays has less air to pull or slow the fan down in its performance levels. Essentially with half the thickness of a standard design, you would think that you would lose efficiency. To combat the loss of surface area, this is why the fan has a switch on it to allow you to take what could be a silent fan and switch it over to performance mode and be more than capable of cooling any processor that isn't going to deliver more than 300 watts to the cooler. One would almost assume this cooler could be run passively, but I tried it and I don't suggest it, this is why they offer the HE02.
With the newness of the Heligon Series, and more specifically the SST-HE01, there are only four current listings for this cooler at the time of writing. Newegg and some random eBay listing have the HE01 delivered to your door for the price of $78.98. The next listing climbs to $84 before shipping and well over $100 for the next. As for the fourth listing, it is in state for me and I have to add more money for state taxes on that listing making it almost $120. While the price may vary, the lowest on the list is one of the most reputable and is where I would put my purchase in at.
As with anything lately, pay attention to the listed pricing, it may save you near $40, and at less than $80 to get the SST-HE01 twin tower cooler to your door, I really think you are going to find as I did that this is a cooler you aren't going to want to pass up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone SST-HE01 Twin Tower CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HP releasing Star Wars Special Edition notebook
- GeForce drivers, SLI profile prepare you for Battlefront beta
- Google wants to improve mobile web performance
- HP's 4K FreeSync monitor 'Envy' revealed
- Fly the Small But Mighty SKEYE Pico Drone
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio