AZiO Levetron Mech5 Gaming Keyboard
The Mech5 comes as a standalone keyboard as you see here. The design is quite angular, and even chunky on the sides, but I can understand the design elements especially once I see them all in play as I get to know the Mech5 a little more.
On the extreme left edge of the keyboard you have a set of five keys that show both A and B designations. The key above that is spilt diagonally offers a Windows lock out key on the top left, but the bottom right key will switch between the A and B sides of the profile keys.
Across the standard 74 key layout you get black key caps with painted lettering. The choice of font is very clear, and stands out well for those who cannot type blind. I also like that there are the usual sized keys for the shift and enter keys as well.
At the top near the right edge of the Mech5 is the large volume control knob. This will illuminate while in use with the slight glow of red LEDs. To the left of it are the caps lock and scroll lock indicators.
Now we are actually looking at the bulky cover on the right edge of the keyboard, traditionally where the numeric keypad is on most keyboards out of the box. Keep in mind, what you are about to see can be done on either the left or right side of the Levetron Mech5 keyboard.
There is a latch under the bottom that needs pressed to release the cover, but once done it will swing past 90 degrees and also expose a USB connector tucked away between two plastic rails. This is to allow you to clip in the numeric keypad that shipped in the bottom of the tray.
As you can see the contour of the keyboard snugs right up to the left side of the keypad, and all that is left to do is to press the cover on the top of the keypad to help lock it in. As I said you can add this to the left side of the board as well.
Since we were adding the components, I went ahead and grabbed the add-on Macro D-pad. I will show you how it connects in a bit, but it rides on the segmented track and will adjust for the best comfort. If you need to use an F-key, just lift the front edge and the D-pad will swing up and out of the way.
Next to the track for the D-pad, at the back of the keyboard, you find two USB ports next to the beginning of the six foot braided cable to connect the Mech5 to your PC with. Keep in mind, if you use the D-pad, and or want the numeric pad to be free on your desktop, both ports will be used by these devices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [AZiO Levetron Mech5 Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [AZiO Levetron Mech5 Gaming Keyboard Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation Continued]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now