Installation and Finished Product Continued
Flipping the video card over the instructions say to add the dense foam square to the back of the GPU socket. This will absorb any irregular shapes of the bits on the PCB while isolating the black steel plate that goes on here.
I chose to go with the smaller of the two squares of foam, and even then only the legs get supported. All there is left to do now is drive home the natural colored spring loaded thumbscrews to secure the MK-26 to my HIS video card.
Making sure the MK-26 was very secure first, I was satisfied with it and set the cooler and video card back down to get more images. As you can see I instantly stepped up to a three slot video card, and I haven't added any fans yet.
This angle will show you just how enormous the MK-26 really is. It is almost as long at the HD 7950, and almost twice as wide. In reality, when testing, this stood taller than the HE01 from SilverStone that I had on my CPU at the time.
With this much cooler to block the view it is hard to see the heat sinks under the cooler. Take my word for it though, there were no clearance issues at all, and the cooler went on relatively easy.
Unless you have a reverse ATX chassis, this is the last time you will be able to read the logo on this end of the cooler. Once in a typical ATX chassis the lettering will be inverted.
I took this shot just in case you thought when I showed how wide this cooler is on the card, that it wasn't a camera trick or a funny angle. The MK-26 really takes up a lot of room. Being as tall as a CPU cooler, even taller will limit users in some mid tower cases as well.
Since we need some air flow to test out the performance of the MK-26, I went to the shelf and grabbed a pair of Corsair SP120 High Performance fans off of it and strapped them onto the cooler.
So fully assembled, what started as a two slot video card (well slightly thicker with the HIS design), and not only made it a three slot option, with fans now in the picture we are up to four slots being used to keep your video card cool now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Prolimatech MK-26 Multi-VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung unveils bendable/stretchable OLED display
- MSI scoops 5 awards for Computex Best Choice Award 2017
- Surface Pro continues to evolve, now packs Kaby Lake
- Qualcomm LTE chip powers Microsoft's new Surface Pro
- FSP will show off a watercooled PSU at Computex
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning