Prolimatech MK-26 Multi-VGA Cooler
Sorry for the slight angle, but I have to prop the right side of the MK-26 to get it even close for images. On the left there are 20 fins, six 6mm heat pipes and the base in the middle, and then the heavier side of the cooler with its 45 fin arrangement.
At the end of the longer section of the MK-26, Prolimatech puts its name as well as the name of the cooler on the end fin. This is what will be the end nearest the HDD bays in a typical case.
Spinning the MK-26 around, the only thing that changes is the view of the heat pipes and base of the cooler. Of course the fin arrays swapped sides as well, but that large opening in the middle is really put to good use.
This is the end of the shorter section, and as you can see without the name plate that covered the other side, these fins are all made from two pieces, connected together, and then slid onto the hat pipes.
Looking down into the cooler, you can see why there was the need for the wide gap over the base plate in this cooler design. There is just no effective way to get these sorts of runs and bends and still get any aluminum on there.
Looking in a little closer, you can see that the top of the base plate has been grooved which allows it to be a heat sink in itself. Since the fan will be over this area, I like that the pipes and the base get a great flow of air even before the heat reaches the fins.
Flipping the MK-26 over to expose the underside of it doesn't show much that we didn't assume it would be from all of the other angles. For shipping protection, there is a plastic sticker in place to protect the base of the cooler. Make sure to remove this prior to use.
Zooming in on the base of the MK-26 you can still see the milling marks, but the base is really level across all angles. The three holes in the base will come into play later, but the two on either side of the base allows for the Omni-Mount system to be used.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Prolimatech MK-26 Multi-VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog