Swiftech Apogee Drive II Integrated Pump and Waterblock
Finally we get our first hands on look at the Apogee Drive II. I don't want to cover too much on it yet, I have plenty of other images for that, so just relax and take it in.
If this was mounted, this would be at the top of the socket. So it makes sense that the 4-pin fan header lead and the 4-pin Molex lead comes out of this side, as it will make connectivity easier and cleaner. There is also a VOID sticker on this side that will show Swiftech if you have tapered with the block once it was pressure tested.
Moving around to the right we see the side of the block that will sit nearest the rear I/O. There is an adjustable fitting on the left with the word "IN" inscribed into the side of the POM next to the Swiftech logo.
The side of the Apogee Drive II that only the video cards would be able to see is plain, just offering us a look at the five layer sandwich that makes up the device.
On the outlet side, or the side closest to the memory, there is only the adjustable fitting to be seen. These simply work by removing the screws and placing them in one of the other two sets to help alleviate some of the bending a tube would have to do to make the loop complete.
Looking down into the POM outlet, you can see the G1/4 threads are cut very clean with no "garbage" left behind, and the top is very flat to accept the o-ring seal of the fitting.
Looking now at the top of the Apogee Drive II, we get a look into the black painted aluminium heat sink that dons the top of the unit. There are 11 thick fins that stem from a base that is screwed to the pump with two screws. In the center you see a screwed on plate with a red logo currently. This will light up once powered.
Looking under the ADII you can see eight screws are holding the copper plate to the bottom and these also sandwich in the mounting hardware. To protect the base from scratches, there is a clear plastic stuck to it that you must remove prior to installation.
Since this specific version is for LGA1155, 1156 and 1366, the thumbscrews that are E-clipped to the legs are run through holes so that all you have to do is have the correct backplate to complete the installation.
The base as you can see is very finely polished, and there are no remnants of the milling process. I did notice that the center of this base does sit a touch higher than the edges, but that is good as it will flatten out for better contact with the mounting pressure on the socket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20