I had already opened RealTemp and seen what it was displaying for the "at idle" temperatures, but I also wanted a second opinion. AIDA64 shows the exact same numbers where the CPU is 57 degrees at rest. You can also see it shows we are pulling 8W currently to power the CPU.
I wanted to really stress the CPU, and I was planning on grabbing a quick image and one with higher temperatures later on to show how long it takes to get that warm. What I found was that the temperature immediately shot to the 67 degrees you see here, and never went any higher.
I also went with GPU-Z to see what the HD4000 was doing inside of the tiny little box, and you can see that even with 25 degree ambient temperatures, the GPU is just slightly cooler than the CPU at 53 degrees at idle just displaying the desktop and these windows.
I ran Unigine to see what the HD4000 is capable of. Without tessellation running I made sure we were on DX11 and let the app run. After a few passes and with 16 FPS maximum, the GPU reached 70 degrees with an average load of only 55% to the GPU. While I am able to play some Valve titles and obviously flash based games, trying to play something like Battlefield 3 on here isn't going to happen.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Giada i53 Mini PC]
- Page 5 [Inside the Giada i53 Mini PC]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [At the Desktop Level]
- Page 8 [Thermal Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair One: a new line of tiny, but powerful gaming PCs
- WikiLeaks: Apple Mac, iPhone firmware hacked by CIA
- AMD Ryzen 5 processors hit some retailers, 3 weeks early
- Madcatz delisted from New York Stock Exchange
- Director claims Rotten Tomatoes is 'destroying film'
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse