Giada i53 Mini PC
The front of the i53 stands seven inches tall and is only an inch thick. The left side panel wraps around the front until it runs into the offset chrome strip. This strip contains the activity LEDs and the black power button.
On the right you can't see the silver flake as much with the white backdrop, but you can see the Giada name and the geometric design applied to the lower section near one of the air intake vents.
On the back you find the exhaust port for the active cooling along with the rear I/O. Here you can connect HDMI, four USB 2.0 devices, optional VGA port, Gigabit LAN, and the power jack at the right to finish it off.
The bottom of the i53 has a sticker with the model and serial of the unit. Just to the right of it is a notch that is recessed to accept the base that is also included in the kit.
Both sides are pretty close to identical if not for the sticker applied to this side. On that sticker is Giada's name, its compliances when making the i53, and the fact that this is made in China. You should also notice that there is an air intake on this side as well to get as much cool air into the confined space as possible.
On the top the majority of the area is taken up with the cover over what we will call the front I/O panel. You can see if you look closely that the card reader types, USB 3.0 and audio jacks can be found here.
Excuse my thumb, but since the cover is designed to self-close without pressure to keep it open, I would not be able to show you this. As you can see the card reader, USB 3.0 and the 3.5mm jacks are all under the cover.
I jumped ahead a little bit just to show you what the i53 looked like as if it were on your desk. As it sits, with power and HDMI connected, I just need some peripherals and I am ready to go.
Before I open this up and expose its innards to you, I wanted to power it up and verify that everything was working and get the testing out of the way, just in case something was to go wrong. When you first push the power button, only the green LED at the top lights up.
Once the Hitachi HDD starts to spin up, you get the red light to illuminate with its activity. The third light it took me a bit to get to light up, but once I used the remote, I noticed the blue flash as you pressed the buttons.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Giada i53 Mini PC]
- Page 5 [Inside the Giada i53 Mini PC]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [At the Desktop Level]
- Page 8 [Thermal Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent