Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Following the specifications and adding specifics as we go, you will soon see this isn't your average low power draw mini PC. First of all, the i53 offers third generation Intel Core i7, i5, and i3 processors as the centerpiece of this design. Mine was shipped with the Intel i5-3370U processor combined with the Intel HM76 Express chipset. Along with the i5 included, Giada chose to actually use the onboard Intel GMA HD 4000 for the graphics demands. You are also given one stick of Ramaxel DDR3 at 1333MHz, and there is a maximum capacity of 8GB in total. Giada also chose to use a 500GB Hitachi HDD that has been short stroked to boost the performance of the 5400 RPM drive.
The I/O included offers everything you might need from USB 2.0, USB 3.0, a card reader, HDMI, SPDIF, Gigabit LAN, and even front panel audio jacks. Built in features include amenities such as 802.11n wireless connectivity and Bluetooth to make life easy and connectivity a snap even if you don't want to be hard wired. Along with the 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium operating system, all of this draws 35W at peak levels, and is inside of a plastic case that is 7.5" tall, 6.1" deep and only 1" thick.
Externally, on the aesthetic level, you are given a shiny black plastic covering that has a metallic silver flake in it for that added bit of pop. On that base, Giada adds its name to one side along with some geometric designs applied to spice up the appearance even more. Something not covered in the specs is that this unit is actively cooled and therefore has ventilation on both sides to allow for the inflow of air as the laptop style cooler blows heated air out the back of the i53. Giada split the panel with a chrome strip to add a touch of class to the look. As for the back of the unit, you get HDMI, four USB 2.0 ports, a VGA connection, the LAN port, and a power jack to accept the brick sent with the i53.
Compared to some options, the Giada i53 as you see in this configuration isn't going to come cheap. I was able to locate this exact model and options package at a place called E-ITX.com, and there the pricing is set to $559.95 and that is before shipping. Now we all know you can build a cheaper system, but will it have this sort of grunt, or feature set? Likely that answer is no, and even if you find a mini PC close to this size and price point, I highly doubt it is as well equipped.
With all of the information at hand, I say we finally get to the images so that you can decide for yourself if the Giada i53 is at the right price for you. For me, I am already sold - just let me show you why.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Giada i53 Mini PC]
- Page 5 [Inside the Giada i53 Mini PC]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [At the Desktop Level]
- Page 8 [Thermal Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20