Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the CM Storm Scout 2 is rounded at the top and flat and square at the bottom. The plastic at the top is thick and thinner bands run down the sides of the mesh and it is again thick at the bottom. At first glance it almost reminds me of a Corsair 600T, but the similarities stop at this angle.
At the top, partly over the front bezel, and on the top piece is the front I/O panel under the cover, and the lighting, power, and reset buttons.
Once the cover is slid back, it exposes the 3.5mm audio jacks, two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports. When not in use, just slide the cover over it again to keep dirt and debris from mucking up these connections.
Further back you can see there is plastic over the fan holes as well as covering the steel support structure for the handle. While the core of the handle is steel, CM uses a softer compound polymer to make any moving you have to do comfortable on the hands.
The left side panel features a bump out in it to allow the proper spacing for the optional fans you can mount here. Above the fans you do get a medium sized window to still be able to peek through and see your hardware.
Around the back you find the rear I/O, a large pair of water cooling holes, and the exhaust fan in the top. Working your way down you run into the 7+1 slot configuration, with the +1 slot holding a "wire-tender"
cover currently. This leaves us the mounting of the PSU at the bottom of the Scout 2.
On the right side there is less to see, more or less just an expanse of black with the angular bump out that matches the other side. Here it is there to allow you to be able to pack a bunch of wires behind here and the door will still slide back into place easily.
The plastic feet with the aluminum trim on the sides are screwed to the chassis and are padded with rubber to keep it from sliding around. There is a removable filter under the PSU, but nothing covering the optional 120mm fan mounting in front of it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications