Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Synology chose an Intel Atom processors running at 2.13GHz for the DS412+, an extremely powerful yet efficient processor for the task. Paired with the Atom, Synology chose 1GB of DDR3 that is upgradable to 4GB.
When we discuss NAS appliances and servers, we group them by the number of drive bays. The DS412+ is a quad bay NAS that supports 4TB HDDs and that gives us a total of 16TB of user capacity before RAID over head. This NAS also has extra expansion options, dual USB 3.0 and a single eSATA port, all on the back of the unit. Getting to that data is what's important though and that is why the DS412+ ships with dual gigabit Ethernet ports that can be teamed to deliver over 200MB/s of network performance.
Synology manufacturers feature rich NAS products that take advantage of new and existing technology.
Using Google Shopping we found the diskless DS412+ for as low as $615, but if you don't want to worry about checking for compatible drives, Synology also sells preloaded DS412+ units that increase in price as you move up the capacity scale.
Synology provides the DS412+ with a two year limited warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Synology DS412+]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup