Nanoxia Deep Silence DS1 Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the DS1 is very flat and uses a thin plastic bezel to attach the two doors to. From this angle it is tough to see it, but both doors are metal and have a brushed finish to them. The doors swing to the right and open the right way for the way the case is designed.
You can see that both doors are foam backed for sound deadening. Opening them exposes the three removable bay covers, while the lower door exposes a pair of fan filters that are also doors that swing open to allow access to the 120mm fans behind them.
Moving in much closer to the top of the chassis you can now easily see the pair of fan controls along with the reset button under the Nanoxia name.
You have to push on the marked spot on the front of the cover to allow the latch to release the door. You can see now that there is a pair of 120mm Deep Silence fans with green blades. They just clip in, and could be replaced easily if you wanted to change them out.
On the top just behind the LED ringed power button is the pop-up front I/O panel. Not only does this give you connectivity for a microphone, headphones, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, the whole panel will go back in and lie flat with the top of the chassis when not in use.
Here I opened up the Nanoxia Air Chimney by sliding the lever on the side of the chassis forward. If you don't want the top to have fans and you like silence, leave the slider to the back of the chassis and this panel will lie flat on top of the chassis as well.
On the left side of the chassis we find a removable panel to add an optional fan to the door. You can also see on the side of the front bezel that the fans don't breathe through the front, but rather through the slots on the side here.
Around back you have four holes for water cooling available above and below the rear I/O and exhaust fan. There are also eight expansion slots with replaceable slotted covers, leaving the PSU to go into the bottom.
The right side of the DS1 offers a solid and flat panel to cover the wiring you will hide behind there later. To allow for the best air flow into the DS1 you can see this side of the bezel is vented as well.
The chassis is supported with chromed plastic feet. There are larger ones in the front and smaller ones in the back to allow for the long dust filter to be able to slide in between the smaller ones. The feet are also padded with rubber to keep the chassis from sliding or marring any surface it sits on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20