Transcend SSD320 256GB SSD
Transcend uses the same case for the SSD320 that we found on the SSD720. This seems to be a Transcend exclusive case since we've not encountered it on other products before. The case is strong and not flimsy like many of the other 7mm cases we've ran across so far.
All of the information is on the front label, but on the back you can see that all of the bottom mounting positions are where they should be.
The 7mm z-height also positions the side mounting points in the standard notebook location so you won't have any problems running this drive in your regular notebook or desktop with the included desktop adapter bracket.
The adapter bracket offsets the drive to the side so the SATA power and data ports are closer to inline with 3.5" form factor drives in your computer. This makes cable management easier if your power supply has very stiff cables.
Inside we found a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller and sixteen NAND flash chips.
There are eight NAND flash chips on each side of the PCB. This drive also has an extensive power management section that you see here.
I have no idea who made these NAND flash ICs, but I suspect they are rebranded Micron 25nm L74 chips.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types