Transcend SSD320 256GB SSD
Transcend uses the same case for the SSD320 that we found on the SSD720. This seems to be a Transcend exclusive case since we've not encountered it on other products before. The case is strong and not flimsy like many of the other 7mm cases we've ran across so far.
All of the information is on the front label, but on the back you can see that all of the bottom mounting positions are where they should be.
The 7mm z-height also positions the side mounting points in the standard notebook location so you won't have any problems running this drive in your regular notebook or desktop with the included desktop adapter bracket.
The adapter bracket offsets the drive to the side so the SATA power and data ports are closer to inline with 3.5" form factor drives in your computer. This makes cable management easier if your power supply has very stiff cables.
Inside we found a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller and sixteen NAND flash chips.
There are eight NAND flash chips on each side of the PCB. This drive also has an extensive power management section that you see here.
I have no idea who made these NAND flash ICs, but I suspect they are rebranded Micron 25nm L74 chips.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform