Transcend SSD320 256GB SSD
Transcend uses the same case for the SSD320 that we found on the SSD720. This seems to be a Transcend exclusive case since we've not encountered it on other products before. The case is strong and not flimsy like many of the other 7mm cases we've ran across so far.
All of the information is on the front label, but on the back you can see that all of the bottom mounting positions are where they should be.
The 7mm z-height also positions the side mounting points in the standard notebook location so you won't have any problems running this drive in your regular notebook or desktop with the included desktop adapter bracket.
The adapter bracket offsets the drive to the side so the SATA power and data ports are closer to inline with 3.5" form factor drives in your computer. This makes cable management easier if your power supply has very stiff cables.
Inside we found a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller and sixteen NAND flash chips.
There are eight NAND flash chips on each side of the PCB. This drive also has an extensive power management section that you see here.
I have no idea who made these NAND flash ICs, but I suspect they are rebranded Micron 25nm L74 chips.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives