Motherboard Features Continued
- Intel's Canterwood - The face behind the passive cooler
As we have previously stated, this motherboard is powered by Intel's Canterwood chipset. Just recently we had a look at VIA's new PT800 chipset using only Single Channel DDR and discovered that while Dual Channel does give a performance jump its not huge. The Canterwood chipset also carries over the usual features including AGP 8X, support for 533/800MHz Pentium 4 processors as well as Hyper Threading and the whole shebang.
- Gigabit Networking
Since the release of Gigabit networking from the larger motherboard manufacturers, it has quickly become a trend with a lot of other motherboard manufacturers to start including it. Like a lot of other motherboards based on the I875, you will find that they choose to use Intel's new CSA (Communications System Architecture) technology. While Gigabit networking isn't a big thing at the moment you will find that people/companies upgrading their current networking setup will move to it as it will give greater performance. As it becomes larger and wider spread prices will drop and within years it will become quite common amongst most PC users.
- Onboard Audio
Onboard audio is powered by the C-Media CMI9739A AC 97 codec. While this isn't the best in onboard audio technology, it is quite good for the average person who uses cheap speakers or headphones. The chipset does have support for 5.1 surround sound but if you are fortunate enough to have a 5.1 setup, the chances are you have also chosen to purchase a separate PCI card that will produce greater clarity.
- IDE Raid
Something that we don't see much of on newer boards these days is the inclusion of Parallel ATA RAID. DFI has chosen to use the Highpoint HPT327 controller giving users the operation to use RAID 0, 1 or 0 + 1. With the four IDE connections and the two Serial ATA ports, a total of 10 devices can be attached to your computer. This is definitely going to be very helpful for people who have a large number of hard drives or multiple CD-ROMs.
We have to ask though, where is our Serial ATA RAID, DFI?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 3 [Retail Package]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 4 [Motherboard Features]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 5 [Motherboard Features Continued]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 6 [Test Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 15 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017