Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.pcmark.com/benchmarks/
PCMark 7 is a great utility for testing a PC's all-around capabilities. It tests all aspects of the computer, from graphics performance to hard disk performance and attempts to put a score on it, which is not an easy task.
PCMark 7 supports my claim that the GIGABYTE P2542G makes a good all-around system. As you can see in the chart above, it easily outpaces the HP Folio 13 and iBUYPOWER Valkyrie by nearly 150 percent. Most of this increase comes from the solid state drive they chose to include as it is one of the faster drives on the market.
Mobile Mark 2012
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Product Homepage: http://bapco.com/products/mobilemark2012/
MobileMark 2012 is a premier benchmarking tool produced by BAPCo. It has several different scenarios built-in and allows you to choose which to run. It runs the test on battery life so that it produces both a score for the performance aspect and a run time for battery life.
For our testing, we chose the Office Productivity line of testing. The "Performance Qualification Rating" and battery life (in minutes) is reported below in the charts.
Again, the solid state drive really lends a helping hand to the P2542G's score. It's been said time and time again, but adding a solid state drive is really the best way to help a system's general performance and this just goes to prove that fact even more.
However, when it comes to battery life, the GIGABYTE P2542G performs somewhat poorly due to having only a 61Wh battery. However, it doesn't need quite as big of a battery due to the lower powered GPU and smaller screen, both of which draw less power.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://www.crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
The solid state drive that GIGABYTE included in the P2542G absolutely smashes the competition. Of course, the iBUYPOWER's traditional hard drive never stood a chance, but the P2542G also smashes the SSD that is included with the HP Folio 13. It roughly doubles to triples the performance of the HP Folio 13, all of which helps make the system a great all-around machine and feel snappy to the user.
We see even better results when it comes to write speed. In some of the test suite, the GIGABYTE's SSD performs over five times faster than Folio 13's SSD. Other parts of the suite aren't as nice, granting the SSD a lead of only 13MB/s in the 4k write test. Overall, though, the SSD chosen by GIGABYTE is ridiculously fast compared to the other test systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine one last time in 'Logan'
- Ubisoft teases 'game changing' patch for The Division
- AMD's new RSCE 16.10.2 drivers ready for Battlefield 1
- AMD to launch cut-down RX 470, competes with GTX 1050 Ti
- Nintendo Switch pre-order priced at AUD$999 in Australia
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package