Over the past 2 years, ATI has been the underdog when it has comes to the 3D scene. While having fast products at a reasonable price, ATI were never able to take out the top spot. This all changed, however, when ATI first released a brief on the R300 core.
From this point, speculation and rumors kept the new R300 hype to the limit. On release of the R300 core, named the Radeon 9700 Pro, ATI had an instant 3D monster. ATI's Radeon 9700 from the start was able to kill the Geforce4 video cards. While having an issue with AGP 8x in the first series, ATI refined the core and fixed the teething errors that usually come with first line products.
ATI's R300 core was revolutionized to be the best of the best. Designed on a 0.15um die for fastest clock speeds, along with the new FC-BGA connection for reduced heat, ATI set out to take the top 3D crown away from nVidia, which has been accomplished. ATI's push towards improvements of its drivers and optimizations has put them towards the top of the line, and so far, ATI hasn't faltered.
With nVidia pushing towards the NV3x GPU, ATI needed to move itself up on the ladder, and the R350 core was ATI's ticket to moving higher up the 3D chain. The R350 specs that were released to the market showed an impressive change in core speeds, memory size and added features for a greater and smoother performance.
Today we take a look at one of the newest cards to hit the market supporting the new Radeon 9800 Pro chip based on the R350 architecture.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis